How to make mobile banking more secure
Mobile devices - just like PCs - are at risk when connected with the internet and not safely protected. When your device gets infected with malware, criminals can steal your credentials to log into InsideBusiness and steal your funds.
How to protect yourself
To ensure mobile banking is safe, take these key aspects into consideration:
- Only install mobile apps from legit app stores, created by trusted sources
- Do not alter the security settings of your device and do not allow apps to overlay your other apps
- Limit access to your phone as much as possible via device PIN or fingerprint
- Choose a different PIN for your banking apps
- Install an anti-virus app to protect you against basic malware threats
- Do not click on suspicious links, unless you initiated the process
Be aware of calls or emails on behalf of ING
Remain suspicious of any sudden change in the banking processes, the user interface, or when a bank employee reaching out to you to help you. When in doubt, call ING to verify the situation.
Protect your business phone
The advice above applies to both business and personal mobile devices. On top of this, some companies prefer to issue a company phone accompanied by a policy, a VPN or software to restrict unauthorised app installations. Always follow your company’s security guidelines.
Interested in our mobile services?
To use our mobile services, contact your ING representative. Beforehand you might want to discuss this with the CISO or risk department in your company.
Find out more
- About security and fraud prevention
- How to create a secure work environment
- How to reduce spoofing fraud risk
- ING's security measures
The information on this page is provided to you solely for informational purposes in order to make you aware of the most frequent cases of fraud and provide you with recommendations to protect yourself against it. This information does not ensure that your company, acting upon these recommendations is or will be protected against any occurrence of fraud detailed on this website. No rights can be derived from the use of and reliance on the safeguards you take by following up these recommendations. ING does not accept any responsibility or liability with respect to your reliance on and the actions you take as a result of these recommendations. This disclaimer is governed by Dutch law.