Deposit Guarantee Scheme
Deposit Guarantee Schemes in the EU, UK and CH, guarantee certain deposits held by depositors in a bank that becomes unable to meet its obligations. Depositors may claim reimbursement of their deposits up to resp. EUR 100.000, GBP 85.000 and CHF 100.000, provided they meet certain conditions.
In general, all private depositors, small businesses and corporates are covered by the Deposit Guarantee Scheme. Most important covered deposits are: payment accounts, savings accounts and (fixed term) deposits. Financial instruments (e.g. options, futures, swaps) are not covered. Customer types excluded from DGS are banks, financial institutions, financial corporations, insurance companies, government, etc. Please contact us about individual products.
To download the relevant deposit information form, select the country where your account is held:
- Austria: special information
- Belgium: in Dutch / French / English / German
- Bulgaria: in Bulgarian / English
- Czech Republic: in Czech / English
- France: in French / English
- Italy: in Italian / English
- Poland: in Polish (via ingbank.pl)
- Portugal: in Portuguese / English
- Romania (in Romanian, on ing.ro)
- Slovakia: in Slovak / English
- Spain: in Spanish / English
- Switzerland (via esisuisse.ch)
- The Netherlands, including Bank Mendes Gans N.V.
- United Kingdom