Marina Kobakova, Head of Corporate Sector Coverage at ING Bulgaria, has joined the newly established “EU Green Deal Working Group” under the Energy and Mineral Resources Committee of the American Chamber of Commerce (AmCham) in Bulgaria.
The EU Green Deal paves the way for a massive transformation or even disruption of the European industries. Its goals will impact all businesses and member states to achieve carbon neutrality by 2050. Given that sustainability is one of ING’s strategic pillars, we focus on facilitating and financing the economic shift to sustainability in Bulgaria. We take as our duty to help the business in Bulgaria improve its environmental performance while continuing to meet the needs of its customers, shareholders, and partners.
Therefore Mrs. Kobakova is bringing her financial expertise to the table together with the representatives of the biggest international and local investors in the Energy and Mineral resources sector, organized by AmCham.
The first meeting of the working group was held on 20 May. It was attended by 29 participants representing 17 AmCham members from energy, mining, banking, construction, manufacturing, consultancy, and legal industries. This meeting was an opportunity for the members to present themselves and the institutions they represent, as well as to set the group’s goals, which are as follows:
- Increase awareness on the opportunities and challenges of the EU Green Deal.
- Ensure business continuity and sustainable transformation among our members, most particularly those who are active in sectors such as energy, mining, cement, manufacturing and their supply chain, and consulting.
- Improve the competitiveness of Bulgaria and its industry through step-by-step transformation.
- Engage in an in-depth and thorough dialogue between businesses and national authorities for the sake of economic growth, development of the regions, protecting jobs.
- Propose solutions for the transformation allowing preserving current investments and paving the road for new investors in the region of SE Europe (incl. the Western Balkans).
ING continues to proactively search for and engage in responsible activities contributing to all its stakeholders from the institutional and business sector, who share the same values and ambition toward sustainability.