Bulgaria is a member of the European Union since 2007. Over the years, its strategic geographic location (Gateway to CIS and Turkey) has helped drive its economic growth, which has mainly been supported by exports. Despite global challenges, the country has been able to maintain sound performance of its economy and strict fiscal discipline with one of the lowest budget deficits and government debts in the EU. Traditionally, the main sectors of the economy have been industrial production, natural resources and agriculture.
ING Wholesale Banking (WB) was one of the first international banks in Bulgaria. Ever since we opened our office in 1994, we have been building a stable base of corporate and institutional clients. ING WB is the preferred servicing bank of large international corporates and local blue chips. On several occasions, ING Bulgaria has been voted the Best Foreign Bank by financial publications, including EuroMoney, Business Central Europe and Capital 100.
As a proactive banking partner, we find it important to adopt a long-term vision so we can provide you with advice suited to your business strategy. We offer seamless access through a single point of contact to our entire range of products. You can rely on us for a tailored solution for your needs – whatever they may be.
- Gateway to CIS and Turkey
- Strong market expertise in key sectors: utilities, energy, natural resources, fuels, food and beverage, telecom, industrials, and more
- Significant track record and in-depth expertise in structuring and doing large landmark transactions
- One of the largest players on the local foreign exchange and money market
- Wide range of PCM products, including local solutions adapted to specific customers’ requirements
- Client-focused, tailor-made services