The global automotive sector was already under pressure even before the coronavirus pandemic. So how will it survive this crisis and what structural changes lie ahead?
In this special report, we look specifically at the following:
- Could there be a ‘renaissance’ of individual transportation, ie, a return of the own car and a (temporary) reversal of trends like car sharing due to social distancing?
- What is the cyclical impact from higher unemployment and reduced income on the automotive industry?
- Will demand for electric vehicles fall due to the currently low oil price environment?
- Will supply chains be adjusted due to Covid-19?
- What is the impact of Covid-19 on OEMs and auto part suppliers in a period of transformation?
Read the entire article on THINK, our economic and financial analysis website.