About us: ING’s purpose is ‘Empowering people to stay a step ahead in life and in business’. Every ING colleague contributes to that vision. We champion self-reliance and foster a collaborative and innovative culture. The Orange Code is our global manifesto for how we stay true to our purpose and our tradition of reinvention and empowerment. It is made up of ING Values (we are honest; we are prudent; we are responsible) and ING Behaviors: (you take it on and make it happen; you help others to be successful; you are always a step ahead).
The Opportunity: ING Wholesale Banking has been operating in the Czech Republic for about 30 years, offering a comprehensive range of wholesale banking products and services such as lending, financial markets, trade finance and payments and cash management to our large Czech and Multinational corporate clients and Financial Institutions.
Our branch is searching for an ambitious professional with strong origination drive to join our corporate sector coverage team as a relationship manager. The role requires an individual who can bring in strong relationship management skills, corporate banking product expertise and an interest in working closely with diverse teams across the Bank’s international network. The main tasks and responsibilities are to maintain, develop and grow the ING Wholesale Banking corporate clients base in accordance with ING Group and ING Wholesale Banking guidelines and procedures both internally and externally.
You & Your role
- You have an ultimate responsibility for an entrusted client portfolio
- You are a client solution driven enthusiast with a bright personality and reasonably strong origination / structuring background with credit understanding
- You are passionate about corporate clients, team work, collaboration and delivering unique differentiating experience to the client while being an ambassador of core corporate values
- You enjoy working in international and diverse teams and embrace a high-performing culture while developing dialogue with all relevant internal/external stakeholders
- You have a decent level of awareness about sustainability and the direction of the banking sector in this area
- You apply in-depth sector/industry/product knowledge to develop, maintain and grow relationships with prospective and existing clients
- You use sector/industry/product knowledge to develop financial solutions to originate, structure and execute specific transactions
- You act as central coordinator for client teams in account planning, origination and execution and monitoring efforts for the assigned client portfolio
- You also act as coordinator of the KYC onboarding / review process for the assigned client portfolio
- Take ownership on risk management and follow the appropriate procedures to assess and mitigate financial risk and non-financial risk while operating complex standardized business processes, in order to protect the organization from undue risks
- You will be part of ING’s global corporate sector coverage team and various international initiatives focusing on the commercial excellence and sustainability
- In your role you will report to the Head of Corporate Sector Coverage and functional line – Head of CEE Corporate Sector Coverage.
Profile & key competences
- 6 years to 10 years of relevant job experience in related agenda above of expertise to fully competent level
- Demonstrate concrete experience in leading teams to achieve specific end results within limited timeframes
- University degree (Mgr./Ing. level)
- In-depth knowledge of financial services, experience in operating in large corporate and matrix environments
- High level understanding of Wholesale Banking structures and organisations
- Ability to change perspectives - strategic, operational and creative thinking are required
- Role model with high ethical standards and excellent interpersonal skills
- Clear and effective verbal communication skills to articulate ideas, conduct strategic dialogues with key stakeholders
- Excellent oral/written skills in Czech and English
- Negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of customer needs, issues and motivations
What do we offer?
- Interesting and variable work in small branch with excellent coopertive colleagues
- International environment and a collaborating working spirit with access to decision makers and possibility of making a difference
- To have a direct impact on the business in the Czech Republic
- Combination of home and office work (Českomoravská, Prague 9)
- Competitive benefit package, learning opportunities
- We look forward to your motivation letter and CV/resume by August 15, 2022
- First Teams meetings with selected candidates will take during August/September, 2022
- The selected candidate will join us according to the agreement, ideally from September 15, 2022