Lending Specialist (Associate level)
The Wholesale Banking Lending team in ING Czech Republic has a challenging opportunity available for an ambitious professional. The team is responsible for the bank’s lending products and strategy across the various market segments relevant for ING in the Czech Republic. This includes lending to the largest local corporations, subsidiaries of foreign multinationals including structured finance, project finance, acquisition finance and real estate finance transactions.
We initiate, structure, and execute lending transactions for existing and new clients while maintaining a healthy credit portfolio. The team consists of a group of motivated professionals that work closely together with Global Sector Teams, Relationship Managers, Risk Management, Legal, Transaction Services, Capital Markets and Advisory, Operations and other ING businesses.
The responsibility of the Lending Specialist is to originate and execute transactions, manage a designated portfolio of Clients as appropriate with his/her level of expertise and closely cooperate with other team members, departments and across the international network of ING.
- Assess and dimension business potential of current and potential customers
- Perform financial analyses as well as company and sector related research
- Structure and execute new transactions
- Prepare credit applications
- Advise on profitability, risk weighted assets and transaction economics
- Prepare credit ratings
- Maintain data quality of lending files as well as administration and operational tasks around the existing portfolio
- Develop a day to day working relationship with Relationship Managers, Risk Management, Legal, Transaction Services, Global Sector Teams and Operations
- Ensuring adherence to all applicable lending policies
As a Lending Specialist:
- You will be designated to a specific portfolio of clients for which you will be responsible for execution of new lending transactions, annual reviews and modifications (in close cooperation with other team members depending on nature of client and proposal)
- In this role, you will identify and respond to the needs of existing and prospective clients on lending products, identify possible cross-sell opportunities in close cooperation with colleagues across the international network of ING
- You will be required to build close professional relationships with clients eligible for lending products
- You are responsible for the accurate, efficient, and timely execution of credit files related to the various lending products as well as financial markets and transaction services products requiring credit limits
- You will prepare, discuss and conclude term sheets and loan documentation with clients, incl. cooperation with other team members as may be appropriate
- You will be responsible for monitoring the credit profile of your designated clients and initiating appropriate actions in case of deterioration of credit quality
- You will provide further support to the Lending team as appropriate
- An ambitious professional with a university degree or equivalent with 3+ years of work experience in the financial sector, preferably in a lending or credit risk related environment
- Excellent analytical skills with an eye for detail and a can-do attitude
- Team player
- Pro-active with excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and in Czech
- Financial analysis skills and experience with lending documentation
- Passion, understanding and experience with sustainability / ESG lending is a benefit
What do we offer:
- The position involves contacts with many different ING departments & clients as well as ING’s strong international network. We operate at the heart of ING’s wholesale banking franchise in the Czech Republic providing many opportunities for further career advancement. This environment provides excellent opportunities for a talented individual to gain experience in a high-paced and international environment
- A part time position for 30 hours a week
- The position is based in Prague, Českomoravská 2420/15, P9
- Daily use of English language
- Possibility of personal and professional development
ING’s purpose is ‘Empowering people to stay a step ahead in life and in business’. Every ING colleague contributes to that vision. We champion self-reliance and foster a collaborative and innovative culture.
The Orange Code is our global manifesto for how we stay true to our purpose and our tradition of reinvention and empowerment. It is made up of ING Values (we are honest; we are prudent; we are responsible) and ING Behaviours: (you take it on and make it happen; you help others to be successful; you are always a step ahead). For us, success will only be achieved if we act with Integrity.
Some companies see diversity as a box to be ticked. We see it as fundamental to our success and we encourage a proper work/life balance. At ING, you will be judged on your performance in line with the Orange Code.
By submitting (firstname.lastname@example.org) my application to the selection procedure, I grant ING my consent to process the personal data provided in accordance with the Information on the Protection of Personal Data, that I hereby acknowledge.