Junior Relationship Manager
About us: ING’s purpose is ‘Empowering people to stay a step ahead in life and in business’. Every ING colleague contributes to that vision. We champion self-reliance and foster a collaborative and innovative culture. The Orange Code is our global manifesto for how we stay true to our purpose and our tradition of reinvention and empowerment. It is made up of ING Values (we are honest; we are prudent; we are responsible) and ING Behaviors: (you take it on and make it happen; you help others to be successful; you are always a step ahead).
The Opportunity: ING Wholesale Banking has been operating in the Czech Republic for about 30 years, offering a comprehensive range of wholesale banking products and services such as lending, financial markets, trade finance and payments and cash management to our large Czech and Multinational corporate clients and Financial Institutions.
Our branch is searching for an ambitious young professional to join our corporate sector coverage team as a junior relationship manager. The role requires an individual who can bring in passion for relationship management & financial services, experience preferably from an international environment, corporate banking product knowledge and an interest in working closely with diverse teams across the Bank’s international network while primarily supporting ING international network clients.
The main tasks and responsibilities are to maintain, develop and grow the ING Wholesale Banking corporate clients base in accordance with ING Group and ING Wholesale Banking guidelines and procedures both internally and externally.
You & Your role
- You have an ultimate responsibility for an entrusted ING network client portfolio with primary focus on maintaining/growing and servicing the existing client base, while being part of various international product and experts teams
- You are a quick and efficient learner with a client focused approach
- You are passionate about corporate clients business and potentially have some experience in any of the structuring/lending/credit areas
- You look-out for efficient solutions and think out of the box while having a solid execution track record
- You enjoy working in international and diverse teams and are in a position to continuously develop dialogue and good & trustful relationship with all relevant internal/external stakeholders
- You have a decent level of awareness about sustainability and the direction of the banking sector in this area
- You apply sector/industry/product knowledge to develop, maintain and grow relationships with prospective and existing clients
- You act as central coordinator for client teams in account planning, origination and execution and monitoring efforts for the assigned client portfolio
- You also act as coordinator of the KYC onboarding / review process for the assigned client portfolio
- You take ownership on becoming competent in risk management and following the appropriate procedures to assess and mitigate financial risk and non-financial risk, in order to protect the organization from undue risks
- You will be part of ING’s global corporate sector coverage team and various international initiatives focusing on the commercial excellence and sustainability
- In your role you will report to the Head of Corporate Sector Coverage
Profile & key competences
- 3 - 6 years of relevant job experience in related agenda
- University degree (Mgr./Ing. level)
- Good knowledge of financial services, experience in operating in large corporate and matrix environments
- Good level understanding of Wholesale Banking structures and organisations
- Demonstrate execution track record to achieve specific end results within limited timeframes
- Understanding of customer needs, issues and motivations
- Desire & motivation to continuously learn and adapt to new circumstances
- Ambassador of high ethical standards and solid interpersonal skills
- Ability to change perspectives - strategic, operational and creative thinking are required
- Clear and effective verbal communication skills to articulate ideas & conduct strategic dialogues with key stakeholders
- Excellent oral/written skills in Czech and English
- A good negotiator and a great team player
What do we offer?
- Interesting and variable work in small branch with excellent coopertive colleagues
- International environment and a collaborating working spirit with access to decision makers and possibility of making a difference
- To have a direct impact on the business in the Czech Republic
- Combination of home and office work (Českomoravská, Prague 9)
- Competitive benefit package, learning opportunities
- We look forward to your motivation letter and CV/resume by August 20, 2022
- First Teams meetings with selected candidates will take during September, 2022
- The selected candidate will join us according to the agreement, ideally from October 1, 2022